Building Rainbows

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Homemade Chalk Paint

As I've probably shared before, Lizzy really enjoys painting and she asks to paint everyday and everyday we paint. I think it's great for children to paint or do some creative activity everyday so I want to make that available to her whenever she feels like painting in different mediums. I made some homemade chalk paint for our patio area.
I made the chalk paint with water, cornstarch, and food coloring all mixed together. I didn't use any specific recipe but about 1 cup water, 1/2 cup corn starch and 5 or so drops of food coloring. `
Lizzy enjoyed painting on the patio area. I keep things she can play with when she's out in the patio area in this basket pictured. Things she has in the basket are bubbles, different bubble wands, sand and water toys, a watering can, some clean up rags, chalk, and now chalk paint and brushes.
After any activity we do Lizzy helps clean up. This chalk paint comes right off and doesn't stain hands or clothing.

1 comment:

  1. I would like to get involved with this program mentoring young mothers at Neighborhood Ministries. I always think your blog is going to be a great resource for ideas.

    ReplyDelete