Building Rainbows

Friday, March 18, 2011

Birthdays!

Today is Lizzy's grandma Walworth's birthday! Happy Birthday!!! Lizzy hopes to see grandma Walworth in a couple months for her 2nd birthday. With Lizzy's birthday being a couple months away I have started making some of the birthday decorations for Lizzy's Birthday Luau. This is what I have been working on:

It's a reusable felt birthday banner. I cut out the felt letters, squares, and made the flowers out of felt. I wanted to sew it but with a toddler always around it's very hard because she wants to press the sewing pedal any chance she gets so I opted to glue gun the whole thing together as fast as I could. We'll see how long the banner lasts. I intended it to be reusable so maybe once I get a chance I can go back and sew it.

Tonight we went to a quincenera party (15th birthday) for a girl I use to babysit. It almost doesn't feel real how time flies. The last time I babysat this girl she was 3 years old, and today she is 15! In my mind it feels like yesterday that I was babysitting and playing with this little girl who was 3 at the time and only about a year or a little older than Lizzy is now. I hope time doesn't fly that fast with Lizzy. I want to enjoy and remember every year with her.

That being said, enjoy every day/year you have to the fullest!

No comments:

Post a Comment