Building Rainbows

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Keeping Cool

As you can imagine the dessert is a hot place in the summer. I don't mind the heat if I'm in the water and Lizzy loves the water so I think we will be enjoying the summer mostly indoors or in a pool of some sort. Each town seems to have nice public aquatic facilities to enjoy. This Sunday we went to one in Chandler that was like a mini water park. It had a pool with diving board, water slides, lazy river, splash pads, and toddler pool and play ground in the water. It was only a dollar per family to get in! Lizzy had lots of fun. She enjoyed the spray area and the toddler pool the best. I only got a few pictures on Mike's phone of Lizzy at the water park. I think we will try the Gilbert aquatic center next and see what that's like. I also think I will start posting about local fun activities to do on a budget. Most of the places we take Lizzy are on free days, low cost, always free, using coupons, groupons, living social deals, and lately we have really enjoyed utilizing the Gilbert Library and their story time and summer programs. I will try to post about budget friendly family activities in and around Phoenix from time to time.


No comments:

Post a Comment