Building Rainbows

Thursday, December 22, 2011

Salt Dough Ornaments

This is the first year Lizzy and I have made salt dough ornaments. Hopefully we will have these for years to come because they were certainly a lot of work. If you aren't working with a toddler then they are an easy, inexpensive activity to do with your children. The problem we ran into is paint everywhere....that means on the carpet and lots of clean up and an extra bath for the day. In any case the final product was successful. We used ornament shaped cookie cutters given to us by Lizzy's grandparents which were perfect for this and acrylic paint. The snowmen are actually Lizzy's fingers made into snowmen. I love pinterest...I am getting so many ideas from that site. I hope to gift some of these to the grandparents. I know I will treasure this ornament years to come.




1 C Flour
1/2 C Salt
1/2 C Warm Water

Bake at 250 for 2 hours. Cool completely then paint.

No comments:

Post a Comment