Building Rainbows

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

The Nativity Story for Toddlers

This year I was sad to find that there is not much to explain the birth of Jesus to toddlers. I went to the only two Christan bookstores in my area none of which had any book that were age appropriate they were either way to detailed or way to brief not explaning anything. They had one wooden nativity set by Melissa and Doug but the figures are flat 2D and did not look very appealing in my opinion so I passed on it. I finally found a set online that was more what I was looking for but it was out of stock (of course). I hope it comes back in stock sometime for next year. Sadly I did not find anything for Lizzy to learn about Jesus in time for Christmas. After Christmas I found a felt nativity set online and a beautiful Nativity story that is age appropriate. It is told from the perspective of the animals in the stable. I will give these to Lizzy on Epiphany read her the book and explain Jesus to her in a simple way she can understand.









2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, I love that book! I saw it for the first time this Christmas and had to add it to my Christmas book collection. I actually almost sent it to Lizzy! Why don't I follow through!! Sigh. It has been so fun going through the Christmas season with Lizzy. It sounds like you had a wonderful, wonderful Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where did you find the felt nativity? It is lovely!

    ReplyDelete