Building Rainbows

Monday, January 10, 2011

Puzzles!

Today Lizzy went to the gym for open gymnastics and like usual she had a blast. She loves to jump on the trampolines and her balance amazes me! Hopefully next week daddy can come with us and see what she does there. I also plan to make a video of her there to share on the blog. Today I forgot my camera so I thought I would share a little bit about Lizzy's home activities.
Lizzy loves puzzles, she can complete all her puzzled by herself and she really enjoys them. This is her puzzle corner although most of her other toys are puzzle toys as well. At Lizzy's age most of the Montessori toys are puzzles of some sort. With Lizzy she's learned to put the pieces in their correct spaces, she also identifies the piece and says what it is, she's also learned to take and put the puzzle back in the puzzle rack when she is done. I'm also surprised that she can identify colors and shapes. These puzzles really build concentration in toddlers like Lizzy.

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait for the video of Lizzy on the trampoline. Wish I could play puzzles with Lizzy.

    ReplyDelete