Building Rainbows

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Boxes

A big box came in the mail today for Lizzy with all the Christmas gifts she received in Indiana from her grandparents. They had to be shipped because we didn't have any room in our luggage to bring them back. Lizzy had lots of fun taking everything out of the box and then playing in it.
I'm working on organizing Lizzy's 2nd year scrapbook and memories for her 2nd birthday. Last year I made Lizzy a 1st year scrapbook, a memory box with items from that year, and wrote her a letter of what she accomplished and did that year. I plan to do the same for her 2nd birthday and so on. If she ever wants to see what she did that year or look back she will have a scrapbook and memory box for each year she's been alive.

While sorting through things I saved I found Lizzy's 1st dress that she wore for her newborn pictures. My mom (Lizzy's grandma), got her this dress before she was born. I remember when my mom gave it to me I looked at it and thought it was a doll's dress. I remember telling my mom that it was way too small and wouldn't ever fit Lizzy. It was size preemie...and I never planned I would have a preemie. Well, Lizzy wasn't a preemie she was full term but she was preemie size at 4lbs, 11oz. This little dress will always remind me of how small she was. To preserve it I put it in a shadow box with a photo of her in it outside her room.

When I volunteered at the nursing home each resident there had a shadow box outside their room with a photo of them when they were young and whatever else memory scraps or photos were important to them. I thought that was nice so I placed the shadow box outside Lizzy's room to see as you walk in.


1 comment: