Building Rainbows

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Candle Making

I have a collection of baby food jars that I've been wanting to use for candle making and this weekend I finally did that. I've been wanting to make aromatherapy soy candles because I want to be able to make the combination of scents I want and and be able to add extra oil to them for smell. These candles were very easy to make I used soy chips and melted them using the double boiler method.

Once the wax is melted you can add coloring and essential oils. I made some sleep candles using Lavender and Vanilla essential oils and I also made romance candles using Black Currant and Vanilla essential oils.
I used baby food jars and premade wicks
Then, just filled them
Wait 2 or 3 hours to harden
And then, you have a candle to use
This was very easy and made 10 baby food jar candles all at once. We always use candles so I'm going to continue making and using these from now on.

1 comment: