Building Rainbows

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Update

Our computer is down and out of order. I will not be posting until it's fixed. (hopefully by the weekend) Without the computer I cannot upload photos but before signing off I will give a quick update on us.

Lizzy is teething, she has 2 teeth breaking through and a surprise molar that I didn't know about! I haven't been able to really brush her teeth well enough so in addition to the tooth brush I use a washcloth over my finger with toothpaste and wipe her gums and teeth...that's when I discovered these new teeth! Thankfully, she hasn't shown much discomfort or teething pain. The necklace you see Lizzy wearing is an amber teething necklace which is suppose to naturally diminish pain caused by teething. I've read about it and I'm not completely sure how it really works but it works for us, we haven't used any Tylenol, teething gels or tablets with Lizzy since was 9 months and the one time we took the necklace off we noticed a difference and put it right back on.

Lizzy is learning so much day to day it's amazing how much babies and toddlers learn in so little time. Lizzy now climbs stairs, tries to repeats most words and loves loves to dance!

Something we are excited about is a parent/child waldorf group we joined that will start October 1st. The class is on Fridays and in the afternoon which makes it perfect for us. It's a mixed age group class from ages 15 months to 3 years old where we will sing, tell stories, bake bread and paint. I know Lizzy will have fun and I'm excited to meet other moms interested in waldorf education.

Well, I can't think of anything else new with us so I will sign off until the computer is back up and running.

2 comments:

  1. I hope you get you computer up and running soon! You are a great mama!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The class sounds great. I can't wait to hear how you and Lizzy like it. That is so interesting about the amber teething necklace. I wondered about her little necklace and its significance.

    ReplyDelete