Building Rainbows

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Play Space

I finally organized Lizzy's playstand area with some toys and changed the toy shelf area in the living area.

Lizzy can play with her toys on the playstand shelf or on the floor, here she is:

This is a basket with dress up stuff like a playsilk, some hats, and other little dress up stuff she enjoys.

I put a basket of books, a geometric stacker toy, a basket of montessori toys, and her doll in a basket.

On the other side I put out a shape sorter, some more montessori toys, and some wooden tree blocks.

On the shelves out in the living area I have a music shelf, and a montessori type learning shelf.
These are the toys she has available to her now. I have put the rest of her toys in her closet to rotate them as she loses interest in the ones that are out. I also use the toys in the closet for rainy days. When Lizzy is fussy or not interested in anything that is out I will let her go in her closet and pick something new to play with. I find doing this really works well for us. But for the most part I'm trying to limit Lizzy's toys to simple toys that allow her to use her imagination, and challenging toys that give her a sense of accomplishment. I like combining waldorf and montessori toys because to me it's the best of both worlds. Imagination and learning through play.

1 comment:

  1. That is so fun to see Lizzy's playstand area and other toys. I agree that imagination and learning through play is the best of both worlds. I want to sit down with Lizzy and play together!

    ReplyDelete