Building Rainbows

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Shooting Stars

I made some shooting stars to fill Lizzy's stocking this Christmas. My goal is to make handmade gifts for Lizzy and that requires planning and time to make the gifts so I have been coming up with ideas and making them when I get the time. These stars can be thrown in the air as shooting stars or whatever the child imagines in their play scenario.
To make these I cut out two big felt stars and two small felt stars in different colors then sewed them together by hand, I left a small opening to fill the star with wool stuffing. After stuffing the wool in the small opening I cut 8 strands of ribbon and glued them inside with no sew glue and closed the opening by finishing sewing that side. I simply glued the smaller set of stars on top of the larger stars with no sew glue. I'm not sure how these will hold up and they look a lot like our dog Bella's toys so we will see when the time comes if they actually hold up.

1 comment:

  1. Very cute! Of course Sarah would have stuck these on some sort of stick when she was little and made a fairy/princess wand.

    ReplyDelete