Building Rainbows

Friday, June 11, 2010

Learning to swim

Lizzy went to the pool today and had a swim lesson. I decided I will try to teach Lizzy to swim myself after all I am her mother and have the same swim and CPR training the swim instructor I was interested in has.

Lizzy is a natural water baby she has always loved being in the water so this makes it much easier to teach her how to swim because she is already comfortable with me and the water so today we tried some basic swim positions
Lizzy was comfortable with the first position and began to kick naturally, the second position on her back she did not like. I think because we have never tried to put her in this position before but with time and practice I can see her swimming backstrokes. From what I read babies learn to swim faster than adults and older children so we'll see how it goes. Here she is in her float relaxing in the pool today.





No comments:

Post a Comment