Building Rainbows

Monday, October 11, 2010

Kitchen Help

Working in the kitchen can be hard sometimes. Lizzy wants to be involved in everything I am doing if not she gets very upset. When I have to cook I try to do all the prep while she is napping and then find ways to keep her happy while I am actually cooking.

If I'm loading or unloading the dishwasher she loves to either climb in the dish washer or take utensils that are sometimes clean and sometimes dirty and run away with them. I try to get her involved by asking her to hand me certain things that are in the dishwasher to put away, this sometimes works.

While I'm cooking she likes to play with her magnets on the refrigerator, pull everything out of the lower cabinets, bring her chair over and stand on it so she can see what I'm doing and when that's not enough she cries. To get her involved I let her stand on a step stool where she can reach the counter and let her do small tasks or play with water. Here she is helping in the kitchen:
If we had more space I would get Lizzy one of these learning towers that are sturdy enough for kids to help in the kitchen safely. The one bellow actually folds flat when you put it away. For now she just wants to get up high enough to see what I'm doing but when she's older I think a learning tower could be a good thing.

1 comment:

  1. Adorable picture. I can just picture Lizzy grabbing some silvereware and running off with it. Too funny.

    ReplyDelete