Building Rainbows

Thursday, October 7, 2010

Halloween Sensory Play

Lizzy loves her water table but we haven't played with it in a while since we last cleaned it. I'm not sure if it was the water or what but wasps started to show up in the screened porch area so we have been avoiding that area until now. I found a few dead wasps out there and no live ones so I think we're safe.

I got the idea to put the sensory play items in the water table and it was a success. Lizzy had lot of fun scooping and pouring things out on the table. For Halloween I put together dried black beans, candy corn, and misc Halloween party things I got from the dollar store. I gave Lizzy one of her stacking bowls and she just started scooping and pouring for a good while. I think we need more black beans though. We'll see how long she's interested in playing with this. Here are some pics from today:






2 comments:

  1. I love Lizzy's dress! What a great use for the water table. This makes me want to run out to the dollar store. Also eat some candy corn. Does Lizzy eat the candy corn?

    ReplyDelete
  2. She hasn't eaten any of the candy corn or even put any of it in her mouth so that's good because I fear she could choke on it if she tried. She doesn't eat any candy but today I had some apple slices and she wasn't eating them so I dipped them in caramel and she loved it! Only she didn't eat the apple she just sucked the caramel off them.

    ReplyDelete