Building Rainbows

Monday, May 17, 2010

What we're up to...

This is another busy week for us with Mike working the shuttle mission at night both of us are away nights and Lizzy is home with grandma. Lizzy's great aunt is in town also helping care for her at night. We are grateful for the help because working nights can be difficult. Lizzy is getting her 2nd set of top teeth coming in and she has had a runny nose but overall she is doing well. She was waking up early for a while but she is back to normal now and letting us get some sleep.

We are also busy with planning Lizzy's birthday party this Saturday. Everything is pretty much ready to go we just have some last minute shopping, picking up the cake and food then just setting up and time to party.

On another note, last year I was almost 9 pregnant and awaiting the arrival of my baby. I was getting everything ready for baby to come home and now I am getting ready for my baby's 1st birthday party. Time really does fly....flipping through Lizzy's scrapbook and seeing her as a newborn, and her tiny tiny footprints I just want to go back and cuddle her as a newborn but today at 11 months is also so nice. She's so interactive and playful it's just a reminder that we have to make every moment count because it will fly by.

PS. Thank you aunt Vivian and anyone else who posted comments. I just read them all and it was very fun and uplifting to go back to older posts and read those comments. Thank you!

1 comment:

  1. Nydia, I'm so glad you kept a scrapbook of Lizzy and this blog which you shared with all of us. Those memories are so priceless. I'm so glad I could get to know Lizzy through your blog and follow her first year's journey. It has brought me much happiness. Thanks for letting us be a part of your family's life!

    ReplyDelete